Hi

Welcome to Azariah's Adventures N Fibre! Come see what is happening in the studio! Knitting, crocheting, spinning and dying. Come on in!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cochineal 2

Good Afternoon!
Here is what is next in the cochineal dyeing.
They have cooled all night.

I lifted each hank from the dye pot and placed it in my salad spinner.  This spinner is for fiber applications ONLY.  NOT food.

Then they were hung out on the line to dry.  Notice I didn't rinse.  I only spun them out and then hung them up.  They are to cure for a couple of days and then be rinsed.  We are having warm weather and no rain so maybe Friday morning, but might be Friday afternoon.  I'll put up a new post then.



I read once that you could dry your cochineals and reuse them, so that is what is going on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment